Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wisconsin Pictures

My trip to Nan's house was very eventful. The weather was awful....hard driving rain and wind. I picked up a rental in Milwaukee and started north to Nan's when the radio announced all people within the immediately north of Milwaukee were to take cover due to a tornado. Within minutes, I could see a 'rotating wall cloud' bearing down on the expressway.....I took shelter with about 20 other people under a viadoc (sp?) until it passed over. (That is an experience I never hope to repeat!)

Thursday night a long series of storms crossed over Wisconsin and the water continued to rise. While Nan and I were eating at New China Restaurant, a second tornado passed over Sheboygan. (argh!)

Evidently after I fell asleep eight more storms passed over the area....I was so tired that I slept through all of them. :-)



This is Seeker, Nan's cat. He loves to jump in my suitcase and roll around....must be trying to get rid of Toad or Cassie's scent.
This is Crosby. He was born last year and adopted into Nan's house. She had to take him to the vet at about 5 weeks old due to 'slits' in his throat. The vet believes the Peregrine falcon tried to pick him up and lost.
This is a little grey kitten from Ringo's litter. She is the least fearful of her four kittens.

Ringo is sitting inside the old dog pen and 3 of her 4 kittens are playing.



This is one of Poppy's kittens. She gave birth under the boat. So far we have seen three kittens with her. This little guy reminds me of my first cat, Fluffy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! They are so adorable. Can't wait to see them in August!!

Hope the rest of your visit with Mom is less eventful than the way it started. Enjoy it. I know Mom is.