Thursday, June 19, 2008

Road Trip

This little gem stands about 5'7 and weighs a little over 50 pounds. It will be a great addition to Bob's pseudo flamingo family. For a mere $29, I was able to have it shipped to Grand Rapids. ... can't wait to see the look on his face when he opens the package.... chortle!



Nan and I took a road trip today to Door County today. The peninsula juts out between Green Bay and Lake Michigan. We ambled along at a leisurely pace, stopping whenever we saw something of interest.


In Maplewood, we stopped and took picture of this beautiful church. Mosaics like this one of the Blessed Virgin are found above the front doors of many of the churches. The picture does not show how the light make the different mosaics sparkle...trully beautiful.


We made it to the point (Gill's Rock) in time for a spectacular lunch overlooking Green Bay (see below). Of course, we had to support the local economy and buy some souvenoirs. :-)

Evidently, Nan finds it very amusing that I am incapable of staying within the speed limit. We would breeze from one town to another at 55 mph (equivalent of 70 mph for me) and then have to slow down to 25 mph through these little four-way stop towns. Even taking my foot off the gas completely did not reduce the speed to 25.....I think it's is a vast conspiracy!
Tomorrow we plan to visit a large antique mall and search for one of my Carnival bowls. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a big one- I can't wait to see Dad's face when he sees it! And we all know about your inability to stay within the speed limits- tell Aunt Nan the popular saying within the family: "Mom/Marni's never seen a car that she didn't want to pass" :-D

Flame said...

Gills's Rock, eh? Did you went past a hotel that looks like a lighthouse? I could have been there for a family reunion if not for the fact that I was on a business trip.

If anything, Door County is very very very beautiful, and I hope to go back there sometimes in future.

Flame said...

By the way, I'm Dan in case you didn't know.