Thursday, February 21, 2008

Beautiful Eclipse!



Last night as I watched the eclipse with my daughter, Rachel, I wondered what thoughts went through the minds of our pre-historic ancestors as they watched this ever-changing source of light slowly darken and slowly reappear.

Last night was also one of those times I am startled to remember that this same moon has graced the skies for millions of years. The eons leading to the evolution of man...land masses converging, dinosaurs, mass extinctions, pre-historic "Lucy", migration from the Sinai, nomadic ancestors, etc., etc., etc., all leading to last night when I stood and watched another of its beautiful lunar eclipse. Hopefully, one of my ancestors will stand on this big ball of mudd in two hundred years and feel the same connection to the big picture of creation.

Whoa...deep thoughts. :-)

No comments: