Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Oreo and Maddie

This week, I am staying at a friend's house (on a lake) for a few days to watch her girls, Oreo and Maddie. As you can see from the pictures, they are beautiful dogs.

Oreo - the big sister, gentle as a lamb but I've learned not to be deceived...
she's a little stinker, too!

Maddie - spunky, friendly and playful
The dogs like to stand in the shallow water and 'fish'
for bluegills and minnows.
Above: Oreo stands in one spot and patiently waits for the fish
to come near and then pounces on them.

Maddie wanders into Oreo's fishing territory.

Maddie getting ready to pounce on some unsuspecting marine life.

It has been fun getting to know these two characters!









4 comments:

Rach said...

They're very cute dogs!!! I like how Maddie's tail curls off to the side- very unique. They look about the same size as Cassie, if not a bit bigger. the pics of the dogs 'fishing' made my day! Did they catch anything??

MJR said...

Actually, they are both smaller than Cass by about 20+ pounds or more and about 3/4 the length.

Haven't caught anything yet that I have seen, although I've seen both dogs dig frantically in the sand (under the water) a few times....don't know what that's about and am not sure I want to know!

Anonymous said...

C - CARNIVORE
A - ACROBAT
N - NIMBLE
I - IRRESISTABLE
N - NARCOLEPTIC
E - EPICUREAN

Rach said...

Now that I look at the pics again- Oreo's coloring reminds me of Patches... they have very similar coloring and markings. I can't imagine that they're that much smaller than Cassie- they look like big dogs :)